Black Friday – a relatively new consumer based holiday for us Canadians – has come to represent for most, a loathsome display of consumerism, and for some, a really fun day at the mall.
Today’s playlist will appeal to those of you hunting down deals and stimulating the economy, as well as the rest of you stuck at home fighting your FOMO. This eclectic mix of tracks transcends genres and decades and has just enough to build you up and bring you back down gently. One thing you won’t need to stress about is what you’re listening to.
Keep your eyes on the prize and remember – there are only a few things worth losing friends over.
01. Big Game – Devonté Hynes Palo Alto (Original Motion Picture Score)
02. Save Me From What I Want – St. Vincent Actor
03. Harrison Ford Escort – Mac DeMarco 2 Demos
04. Spirit – Future Islands Singles
05. Kids In America – The Muffs Clueless (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
06. Wildcat – Ratatat Classics
07. Beggin for Thread – Banks Goddess
08. Customer – The Replacements Sorry Ma! Forgot To Take Out The Trash!
09. Valley Girl – Frank Zappa Ship Arriving Too Late To Save A Drowning Witch
10. The Mall (ft.G-Dep & Shiggy Sha) (E) – Gang Starr Moment Of Truth
11. Throw It in the Bag (ft. The-Dream) (E) – Fabolous Loso’s Way
12. Love Will Tear Us Apart – Joy Division Substance
13. Move B*tch (ft. Mystikal & I-20) (E) – Ludacris Word Of Mouf
14. Monument T.I.E. Version (ft. Robyn) – Röyksopp The Inevitable End
15. I Cry – Flo Rida Wild Ones
16. Yeah! Oh, Yeah! – The Magnetic Fields 69 Love Songs Vol. 3
17. Oh! You Pretty Things – David Bowie Hunky Dory
18. Have You Got My Money – Jana Hunter Blank Unstaring Heirs of Doom
19. Don’t Look Back in Anger – Oasis (What’s the Story) Morning Glory