We’re thrilled to have Christopher Samms guest mixing for us this month.
Christopher is a Freelance Graphic Designer living and working in Winnipeg. His designs are minimalist and striking, and impossible not to love! In just a few short year’s, Christopher has built up an impressive portfolio. He’s particularly sought after in the music industry, designing album art for bands such as Royal Canoe and posters for clients like local concert venue Union Sound Hall. Most notably, while working at Clark+Huot/Cocoon, Christopher was part of a small group that developed the creative concept and tagline ‘We Speak Music‘ for the 2014 Juno Awards, which will be held here in Winnipeg next month. The tagline so perfectly sums up the significance of music in our city’s culture.
Today’s playlist features lively rock and indie pop music. All with a strong beat. All pulled from Christopher’s personal record collection. He also designed this gorgeous cover art for us, so while you’re listening to this playlist, do yourself a favour and check out his online portfolio at www.christophersamms.com.
01. Tonight | Iggy Pop
02. Farewell American Primitive | Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti
03. Graham Green | John Cale
04. Gruesome Castle | The Wake
05. Ask | The Smiths
06. Scandinavian Crush | Craft Spells
07. Look at Me | Mirrors
08. Berlin Lovers | Still Corners
09. A Certain Person | Light Asylum
10. Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God) | Kate Bush
11. We Become | Austra
12. Maria | John Wizards
13. Always Let U Down | Blood Orange
14. Arm Around You | Arthur Russell
15. Inspiration | Section 25
16. Isolation | Joy Division
17. Believer | John Maus
18. Souvenir | Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
Album cover art by Christopher Samms, Freelance Graphic Designer.