Bring life to your living room, dining room or entryway with a fresh, seasonal arrangement. Flowers are a quick and inexpensive way to add energy and colour into your space. They’re also believed to trigger happy emotions and relieve stress.
How-To Source Flowers
1. Pay a visit to your local florist:
– He or she will have access to varieties grown in Canada and the U.S., as well as all over the world
– If you want a specific type of flower, give at least 2 weeks’ notice
– Remember that flowers grow in different seasons and times of year, but that every season has something amazing to offer
2. Stop by a farmer’s market:
– Support your local farmer florists
– Expect fresher flowers: less time between field to market
3. Your own backyard/garden:
– Go wild with native flowers
– Flowers grown in your backyard or garden are sustainable and free from pesticides
How-To Assemble an Artful Arrangement
1. First step, gather your tools: a vase (we love the ombre affect of the Vule Vase, or go retro with the Silv Vase) that works well with your planned arrangement, a set of clippers, scissors, tape, etc.
2. Gather your chosen flowers & greenery.
3. Fill up your vessel with water at room temperature.
4. Go green: start with your greenery as the foundation of your arrangement.
5. Trim the fat: hold your stems up to your arrangement to get an eye for height. Remember you can always cut shorter, never longer!
6. Long gone are the days of floral design rules. Try an unexpected colour combination or an abstract shape.
How-to Care for Your Flowers
1. Keep your arrangement looking fresh by re-cutting your stems daily.
2. Change the vase water everyday.
3. Remove any blooms as they fade.
4. Certain flowers dry well. Hang them upside down in a cool basement.