Summer is synonymous with casual style and just as our fashion statements get striped of their layers and take on a lighter, laid back look, so do our interiors. Cottage style is particularly fitting this time of year and recreating the relaxed look is as simple as its aesthetic.
1. Plaid throws are a cottage staple. Give this trad pattern a modern feel with a fresh palette and large scale motif.
2. Throw a selection of retro-inspired accessories into the mix to evoke a feeling of history.
3. Use white stoneware with simple, organic shapes to create a connection between the indoors and out.
4. Candlelight is essential to laid-back living. Lend this old stand-by current appeal with a modern style oil lamp.
5. Warm-up bare floors with lightweight, hand-woven accent rugs.
1. Tish Throw ($79.99) / 2. Maddy Alarm Clock in orange ($19.99) / 3. EQ3+ Sagaform Bird Feeder ($19.95) / 4. EQ3+ Sagaform Oil Lamp and Snuffer ($29.95) / 5. Daxi Accent Rug in blue, 100% cotton ($24.99) or Daxi Rug ($199.99)